Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Beaches and Castles: Hola Spain!

Hola! :) So.... when you realize you have a free weekend and the town airport only flies to two cities, what do you do? Um, you hop on a plane to Alicante, Spain! That's how Jonathon and I spent our weekend after getting back from our wonderful trip to Bremen. (PS, I'm sorry about how late this post is! Life has been pretty hectic, and I'm actually finishing this post from an airport on my way home :) ) 

When we got on the plane in Växjö we were wrapped up in our warm raincoats and shivering while waiting to get onto the plane. A couple hours later, we were on the sunny beaches of Spain. No coats needed! 


We spent our first day in Alicante exploring the beach and city. Well, that was after it took us about an hour to find our hostel, haha. Streets are confusing without a data plan on your phone! Yes, I am definitely spoiled. Traveling without the internet has been difficult, but maybe I'll learn how to navigate better :) maybe.... 



Jonathon took me on a secret adventure to go look for this church that I had admired on a painting :) 

On Saturday, we got to spend a whole day doing nothing but laying out on the beach and soaking up the sun. It was wonderful! (My pet peeve about Sweden is the weather - I miss the Texas sunshine!) I attempted to go for a little swim several times, but it was cold and I'm a weenie :O 

We explored the streets and there were waiters outside of the restaurants vying for our attention. One of the guys talked us into lunch, so we sat outside with a view of the ocean behind us. It was stunning! Then we got to spend all day on the beach, with our toes in the sand and ice cream trips on our mind.

Saturday was a bit chilly for the beach, so we explored the city. It was a lot of fun, and we got to do some bargaining on the street. Our next adventure of the day was to climb up to the castle that you could see from the beach! It was great! 


We had a wonderful time in Spain! Below are some more pictures from the castle:







Well, that's it! Thanks for reading this blog post :) I actually have quite a few to catch up on, so.. If you like Sweden, Italy and France, be on the lookout ;) 

Sincerely,
Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome!