Monday, March 9, 2015

Adventure is out there!

This last week was the best of all that I've spent in Sweden so far. I think. :) I spent lots of time adventuring and being with great people! You might know that Up is one of my favorite movies in the whole world. I love the motto of chasing adventure and making every day a new memory. Plus, who doesn't love a silly movie with a cute dog and a cranky old man? Not to mention Russell or Kevin.



Okay, enough with Up. To start out our week, Jonathon and I had a lovely dinner with our Swedish family. Theo, their son, cooked us a delicious Italian meal. We had fika afterward; I can now say that I'm a fan of Vietnamese coffee! 

The next day, I talked Jonathon into coming with me to the city library. :) We got library cards (nerds, I know). I guess you could say it made me feel a little Swedish ;) haha (the card, not the nerdiness). 




Then, on Friday night we got to have our Swedish buddies over for an American dinner! Jonathon and I made sweet tea, hamburgers, french fries and chocolate chip cookies. Mmm. We ended up talking forever, hopefully they weren't too annoyed ;) I've been told recently that I talk...A LOT. Hahaha, I guess I knew that.

The next day we got to do another dinner, but this time for our floormate/friend, Greig's birthday. I baked four loaves of bread. Yes, four. Talk about an arm workout! He made us a Scottish soup (since that's where he's from), and a trifle for afterward. They were both delicious! 




Finally on Sunday, I was dying to go out for an adventure. The weather was beautiful! It got to 51 degrees and the sun shined all day. Jonathon and I met up with our family again and they showed us a beautiful park area (like a state park back home). We biked around the trails; I can't wait to go back and run them! Zum, our "mom", and Per, "dad", brought fika along and we ate a blueberry pie and drank coffee on a bench in the shining sun! It was a beautiful afternoon. I'm so thankful for my Swedish family and buddy, they really are great and I love spending time with them!

The adventures weren't over yet, though. We got back to Vallgatan (our apartments) and headed off for a geocaching adventure with some of our floormates. It was the first time for all of them to find a cache, so it was super exciting! We all biked to the first cache, which took a long time to find, then to some more. The Vallgatan 6 (our logging name) found four caches and we're going to make it a weekly tradition. Woo!






Oh! And here's a pic from Sports Saturday last week; we look pretty intense (; 

Photo credit: Andrew Doering of VIS

Thanks for reading and have a great week!
Sincerely,
Laura. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome!