Sunday, February 22, 2015

Dinner Fails and Nature Walks

Hej hej! 

So I think I'll just go ahead and say that I'm going to post every two weeks... since that's what I'm doing by forgetting every other week XD haha. 

Sweden is still cloudy and rainy, but we're trying to figure out ways to have a good time in the gloom. My buddy, Antonia, and I went on an adventure! We took a walk through the woods, kind of, and met some nice horses. 


Isn't he cute?!

It was also Valentine's Day last week. Jonathon made me blueberry pancakes and got me a cute yellow flower (p.s. if you didn't know, that's my favorite color :) ) He's a keeper! My sweet family sent us American candy and a cute package, and I even got a Valentine card from my best friend. Gotta love those people :)

We've been trying to do some wedding planning, which happens to be really difficult when you aren't able to go see all of the venues and vendors! Wish us luck ;) 

We also attempted to make mac and cheese the other night... yeahhhh, that didn't turn out so great. They don't really use Cheddar cheese here, and when you find it it's really expensive. We used Gouda, and this happened: 

Cheese isn't supposed to blob like that...

I don't think I'll be trying mac and cheese again, sadly. Then, this morning we went to a Swedish church service! That was definitely an interesting experience. The service was in Swedish, but we got a receiver so that an English translator would come through our headphones. It was so difficult to manage hearing the pastor through the speakers and trying to listen to the translator through the headphones. The translator was a sweet guy, and hopefully we will be attending some small group sessions in the future thanks to him!

Though church here is nice, I think we both miss home a bit. I miss my sweet doggie, Joe! I wish I could see my hardcore sister playing softball, too. :) Love you sissy. Everyone else in the crowd will just have to cheer a little harder to make up for me not being there to be your cheerleader. ;) 

Isn't she awesome?!

I miss and love my friends and family! Hope all is well. 

Bye for now!
Laura. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome!